ITBC is growing the herd!
The InterTribal Buffalo Council is currently looking for a Staff Accountant for their Finance office. Please see position description. If interested in applying you can send a cover letter and resume to:
Arnell D. Abold, Executive Director
InterTribal Buffalo Council
520 Kansas City St., Suite 300
Rapid City, SD 57701
Or email to: email@example.com
This position closes January 20, 2020.
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Executive Director
Classification: Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: Primary responsibilities include accounts payable processing, travel processing, and
inventory maintenance. Secondary responsibilities include assisting the Executive Director and
Accountant as needed.
Cash Procedures/Accounts Receivable
• Receive cash and checks and prepare deposit slips. Submit to Administrative Assistant for delivery
to the bank.
• Record deposits to accounting software.
• Give copies of information to Accountant for bank reconciliations.
• Collect all purchase requests. Call for quotes following purchasing policies. If bidding is required,
forward information to the Executive Director.
• Match purchase order with invoices received and voucher. Obtain proper approvals on voucher.
• Check all vendors against the excluded parties list and ensure that records are kept on file to prove
• Process accounts payable into accounting software and prepare checks for signature.
• Attach all appropriate paperwork to each check. This will include purchase order, any quotes or
bidding information, receiving report and voucher. Forward the packet of information on to the
• Maintain vendor files, including updated W-9 records.
• Receive, review and match vendor statements to vendor invoices and amounts due.
• Prepare Forms 1099 and ensure compliance with applicable IRS guidelines.
• Maintain inventory log based on the accounts payable process above.
• Compile and order supplies for the central office.
• Review travel requests for compliance with federal per diem rates.
• Process travel advances, travel settlements (payroll deductions), travel reimbursements (accounts
payable check) and travel reconciliations. Submit any activity to Executive Director.
• Maintain travel files by employee and journals for outstanding travel.
• Coordinate travel reimbursements from outside organizations.
• Assist Executive Director and Accountant when needed.
• Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director or Accountant.
• Associates degree in accounting or equivalent with a minimum three years’ experience with
• Must be computer literate and be competent with the use of all office machines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)