NOW HIRING!! Updated 6/9/21
The InterTribal Buffalo Council (ITBC), is re-advertising the following positions… come join our team!
ITBC is growing the herd!
The InterTribal Buffalo Council is currently looking for a Staff Accountant! Please see position descriptions below. If interested in applying you can send a cover letter and resume to:
Arnell D. Abold, Executive Director
InterTribal Buffalo Council
520 Kansas City St., Suite 300
Rapid City, SD 57701
Or email to: email@example.com
The application for Staff Accountant closes June 21, 2021.
Job Title: Staff Accountant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLASSIFICATION Exempt; Full-Time
JOB SUMMARY: Primary responsibilities include accounts payable processing, travel processing, and inventory maintenance. Secondary responsibilities include assisting the Executive Director and Accountant as needed.
Cash Procedures/Accounts Receivable
- Receive cash and checks and prepare deposit slips. Submit to Administrative Assistant for delivery to the bank.
- Record deposits to accounting software.
- Give copies of information to Accountant for bank reconciliations.
- Collect all purchase requests. Call for quotes following purchasing policies. If bidding is required, forward information to the Executive Director.
- Match purchase order with invoices received and voucher. Obtain proper approvals on voucher.
- Check all vendors against the excluded parties list and ensure that records are kept on file to prove this check.
- Process accounts payable into accounting software and prepare checks for signature.
- Attach all appropriate paperwork to each check. This will include purchase order, any quotes or bidding information, receiving report and voucher. Forward the packet of information on to the Executive Director.
- Maintain vendor files, including updated W-9 records.
- Receive, review and match vendor statements to vendor invoices and amounts due.
- Prepare Forms 1099 and ensure compliance with applicable IRS guidelines.
- Maintain inventory log based on the accounts payable process above.
- Compile and order supplies for the central office.
- Review travel requests for compliance with federal per diem rates.
- Process travel advances, travel settlements (payroll deductions), travel reimbursements (accounts payable check) and travel reconciliations. Submit any activity to Executive Director.
- Maintain travel files by employee and journals for outstanding travel.
- Coordinate travel reimbursements from outside organizations.
- Assist Executive Director and Accountant when needed.
- Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director or Accountant.
- Associates degree in accounting or equivalent with a minimum three years’ experience with Accounts Payable.
- Must be computer literate and be competent with the use of all office machines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
The InterTribal Buffalo Council is an equal opportunity employer. Preference is extended to qualified American Indian individuals for appointments to all positions. (Public Law 93-638 Indian Self Determination and Education Assistance Act, and the Civil Rights Act, 1968, apply.)